1. One who spends much time reading or studying.
The last time I blogged, I talked about emptiness, didn’t I? Tonight, then, is full of avidity. June starts the rainy season and it opens up my mind to do a little more thinking. This is the best time to curl up in bed and read books we crave like an ice cream last summer!
Let me go straight to your shelves. We’ll be talking about books here!
1. When did you start reading a book? (fiction or non-fiction, it doesn’t matter)
2. When you finished one, was there an urge to read another one? (If there is none, don’t answer the next questions. Ha-Ha. Joke.)
3. Are there chances wherein you spend less time sleeping at night just to finish it?
4. How many hours a day do you spend reading? (magazines, newspapers, textbooks, novels, pamphlets, brochures, etc.)
5. Do you mind reading this blog post until the end? (winks)
(You can answer my questions below by dropping your comments below – that will be highly appreciated. But if it seems too confidential, you can still answer me. YES or YES?)
The title of this post tells a lot about me, as a reader, too. For two weeks, it has been stuck on my mind and I promised to write about this – “BOOKWORMS DON’T LIE…or BITE?”
Here are the novels that consume everything about me:
If you are much a VENTURER and you want some adventures to amuse your marbles, stories like The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins are off-peak!
In the same manner, a bloodsucking tale puts you in the mood. On rainy seasons like these, Stephenie Meyer’s The Twilight Saga Series will put you in a bandwagon of Love and Sacrifice. They have everything you need: “thrills, drills, chills.”
On the other hand, for minimalists who eat one’s heart out of contemporary romance, go for the sparkling love stories of Nicholas Sparks! It is never a movie without his bestselling stories.
I believe there are other novels or stories out there that I missed but these are but just some of the obsessive ones I selected so I can share them with you. Once again, I want to ask you, “I don’t sound obsessed, do I?“ Ha-Ha.
There, I said it. Books spoil us! It is fascinating to watch movies with all that altered effects from the screen, but it is more enticing to sit alone and direct movies on your mind while reading. You are a director of your own movie! Crank up some brain cells there, homie! You’ll never be sorry, I am not lying.
Read and Fly.
Bookworms don’t die.
They soar high and fly up to the sky!
Photos taken at: National Book Store, CSI Lucao branch, Dagupan City
by: Samantha C. De Guzman